These long winter months can give you the decorating blues and blahs! After the CRAZINESS of the holidays its time to treat yourself to a fresh new space! So where is a good place to start? ChiKKaBoom has your answer! Its time to redo that MASTER BEDROOM! Here are a few tips and how to’s to get you started!1 - SAVE money by using a NEUTRAL BEDSPREAD:
- Bedding can get VERY expensive, so try to stick with NEUTRAL COLORS (Grey-cream-brown-black).
Add punches of color and texture with PILLOWS, BLANKETS, or even a strip of fabric!
I sleep with a TON of pillows! So when I make my bed I’m always trying to find places to stuff them out of sight, so I came up with a solution! I call it The PILLOW RUNNER!
- PAINT is the quickest, cheapest way to change your side tables!
- A BRIGHT VIBRANT accent color can change the entire feel of your room!
- Of course painting your dresser can make a big difference too, but if you still like the existing color try adding a glaze to change it up a bit!
- DON’T THROW OUT YOUR OLD HARDWARE!!! You can change this too! We just took our old handles and fastened them to a cardboard box, spray painted them and VOILA! It gives it a pumped up Shabby Chic look!
- From Modern to Classic styles, accessories like BOOKS and LAMPS show off your personal style!
Tissue paper gave new life to these LOVELY LAMPS!