On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me............Seven cakes a swimmin .....in rum- Yum!

So I would say that making rum cake is one of our favorite traditions at Christmas......turn on some Christmas tunage, pour yourself some Sprite and Cranberry juice and let the kitchen BAKE!

RUM CAKE

1 pck yellow cake mix (I can't beleive were sharing this recipe now all my neighbors know I'm not Martha cuz this is soo easy!)
1 small pck. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup water, oil and rum
4 eggs

*Stir first five ing. together, then add 1 egg at a time
*Coat a pan with melted butter and sprinkle it with sugar, add some chopped or slivered almonds to the bottom of your pan.(this gives the top of your cake a sugary crust- yum! You can do this in any kind of pan, bread pan or fluted cake pan works great! We love the mini fluted cake pans so we can make lots to take to friends.)
*Bake at 350 for 45 min
*While this is baking In a sauce pan Melt 1/2 cup of butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of rum- this makes a syrup to drench your cake in. Now....if your Bre you will boil this for a min or two to cook out all the alcohol, if your Tris you might not cook it as long..............
*When your cakes have cooled gently coax them out of there pans so the bottom is facing up, poke some holes with a butter knife and pour your syrup over your cake.

We hope you enjoy this as much as we do - May your days be merry and Bright the next few weeks. Remember to enjoy your families and friends this week. It will all be over to soon... 

These are Christmas aprons I tied to my chairs and finished it off with ribbon- easy peasy...my kinda cute....5 min. cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment